The Great Waltz – 39th Annual Masquerade Ball
The Great Waltz is Texas Ballroom’s formal masquerade ball hosted in the Union Ballroom at the University of Texas at Austin. Accompanied with live music from the Austin Civic Orchestra and hanging lights, the Great Waltz allows you to experience a gala you’d only see in TV shows and movies. Open to all, dance experience or not, everybody can live their fantasy of dancing under the lights, whether it be your Cinderella Story, Gatsby party, Yule-Tide Ball, or British royalty show!
Doors open at 6 pm, and festivities run until 10 pm. There will be a one-hour workshop in the afternoon at 2:30 pm. We will provide basic masquerade masks. But if you want to show off your own mask or style, you are welcome to bring your own!
Early bird deadline: October 6, 2021
|Guest Type||Early Bird Price||Regular / Door Price|
|Student / Faculty / Staff||
Free admission for children up to 5 years. 👼
We welcome cash/online payment at the door.
Online Payment Instructions
- Click the “Purchase Great Waltz Tickets” button to be taken to UT RecSports Store.
- Scroll the webpage if needed to find “Texas Ballroom”.
- If you are a student / staff / faculty member at an educational institution, please select “Texas Ballroom’s Great Waltz: Student/Faculty Ticket“.
- Otherwise, please select “Texas Ballroom’s Great Waltz: Community Ticket“.
- Add the item to your cart and proceed as directed.
When checking in at the door:
- Please show us the email receipt of your purchase.
- If you purchased the discounted Student/Faculty ticket, please show us your school/college/educational institution ID.
- If you wish to reserve a table that seats 8 guests, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There be additional unreserved seating on a first come first serve basis.
- Both the workshop and the main event will be held in the Shirley Bird Perry Ballroom at the Texas Union Building (UNB 3.202).
- We strongly recommend face-masks for those in attendance, and we will provide some at the door to ensure safety.
- If you’re uncomfortable dancing with strangers, we will have color-coded wristbands to let people know whether to invite you to the floor or not!